Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

01 August, 2006

New Soles for my Soul in Seoul

On Sunday, Johan & I went shopping. We went to Costco (I hate to say it, but a big Western Store is one of my fave things about Korea... I suck), and spent three hours tasting samples, eating cheap hot dogs, and looking at all the pretty stuff. We got a bit tipsy off the beer & wine samples, grabbed like 20 oreos samples, and went wild. Here's Johan toting some of our finds back to my apartment:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We bought two kinds of cheese, a massive box of microwave popcorn, bagels, dill pickles, green olives, avocados, a lovely polo shirt for Johan, and some other stuff I can't remember.

We also went shopping in Yongsan, the electronics district, where Johan went hog wild, buying 3 video games for his Gameboy DS Lite (I would just say "Gameboy," but I'm pretty sure he wants everyone to know he has the newest, fanciest one (in fact he has not one, but two of them)), and an iPod nano. Nano technology is really big in Korea, so he figured they're probably much higher quality here than anywhere else. Here he is 2 seconds before he faints with excitement about the nano:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You can see his eyes rolling back in his head, and he's grabbing at his heart. He collapsed right after I took the picture, and this 90-year old lady who could barely walk had to give Johan her seat on the subway. It was pitiful.

Later, we went shopping in Dongdaemun, where I attempted to find a sewing machine. I failed miserably, so I consoled myself with some shiny new converse shoes:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Do you get it? My tongue is hanging out, just like the shoe's tongue. & that's where the title of the post comes in. There's got to be something better involving Soles and Seoul... I take my job of coming up with innovative, yet hilarious, usages of Seoul seriously, but unfortunately, that doesn't make up for my lack of talent.

Oh yeah, we also ate green pizza:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The line of yellow stuff, after the crust and the line of cheese is sweet potato. Yum, yum. It's called a "rich gold" pizza. This is the first one I've had that's green, which made me quite happy.

1 Comments:

At 05:16, Blogger Mirepoix said...

I get pizza at Azimendia's and they put potatoe on thier pizza sometimes too! It's the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>