Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

20 May, 2007

Pig headed

There was a cermony a few weeks ago at my school to give an auspicious start to the new greenhouses and welcome the new animals at the school. We had a sports day for the teachers, and then there was the ceremony. There were offerings on the table of fruit and a pig's head, and people lit incense, bowed, and waved bowls of maccoli around (Maccoli is Korean alcohol).

And then the teachers put money in the pig's mouth (or in his nose sometimes). I don't know what they use the money for. I don't really care, either, because I put in 10,000 won that somebody else gave me, since I didn't have my wallet with me. They can do whatever they want with the money in that case.



The bigger the smile on the pig's face, the more expensive the head is!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>