Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

29 October, 2006

Bennigan's

Johan & I ate at Bennigan's for the first time last weekend. I'm surprised at the number of American chains there are in Korea (Baskin Robbins, TGI Fridays, Subway, Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Outback, among others). Anyhoo, it was pretty good, although rather expensive. It did include free bread, though! Wooooooo! The bread was pretty good, although not purple like Friday's, which is always a disappointment. It came with a mysterious white spread.
What is it? Too white to be butter, too fluffy to be sour cream (& why would you get sour cream with bread??), and too thin to be cream cheese... tasting it didn't make things any clearer. Weird.
From the pictures, you can see the white substance didn't agree with Johan... Luckily it didn't seem to have an effect on my looks.

I had a Monte Cristo, simply because it sounded so weird: a ham and turkey sandwich, dipped in batter and deep fried, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and served with rasberry preserves. How can that be right?? So I ordered it, and it was pretty good, and I'm pretty sure it was fairly healthy, too. Batter-fried? Powdered sugar? Yes, please!
The powdered sugar grew on me, but the jam added nothing to the overall taste experience. I came home and looked it up, and it turns out the powdered sugar is normal, and Bennigan's is known for serving Monte Cristos. Good thing I had my first one from a reputable source, and not from some sketchy street person or something, because it could have ended badly. Instead I took the leftovers home, and ate it for the next two days. The powdered sugar was at the peak of pallat pleasingness later on the first day, FYI. By the second day, it had like melted into the bread. Maybe I should write a letter to Bennigan's about this issue? Thriftily, yet resourcefully, I'm using the rasberry jam with my peanut butter sandwiches. It's quite good when not paired with meats.

1 Comments:

At 12:55, Blogger Mirepoix said...

you two crack me up!

I wish I had a bf who'd pose for photos like that for me.

puss puss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>