Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

23 November, 2006

Myeongdong!

Yesterday, my friend Beth & I went to dinner in Myeongdong. It's such a crowded place to go, since all the hipsters are shopping and hanging out, with people running into you all the time. I like to go shopping there, but ekh! After 15 minutes I just want to go hide in a corner and not see anyone for a month. Too many people (do I sound like an old fuddy-duddy yet?). But we did meet some nice people: a comedic magician who showed us some (semi-lame) tricks, a nice sock and tights seller who got very excited when he thought I knew Korean (I don't, unfortunately. I can just say, "How much is this?" I've never gotten such a positive response, though!), and some people giving out free hugs:

Note our Krispy Kreme bags, too. Mmmm... donuts.
Oh, and here's an example of how couples sometimes dress alike in Korea:

Beth was acting as a cover, so I didn't look like some crazy person for taking a picture of people's backs. I think it's darling when people dress alike. I've tried to get Johan to do it, but he's just not into it. Although we did buy matching shoes in Thailand, so I think I'm slowing wearing him down. Victory will be mine!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>