Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

05 December, 2006

Art & Seoul

I went to Insadong on Saturday to do some Christmas shopping with Mike and Angela. I bought mittens for myself, because, apparently, I come first. & I couldn't find anything that anyone I should get presents for would like. But my mittens are super-cute.
There was traditional dancing,

Blah, blah, blah, who cares, but then there was this rad Andy Warhol exhibit in this shopping center place. Or an Andy Warhol-inspired exhibit, perhaps? Because isn't he dead?? Anyhoo, it was pretty awesome.

Apparently it's kimchi season, and people everywhere are making kilos of the stuff at home. You can eat it right away, but I hear, like most everything, it's best when it ferments for 6 months first. There was even a windowful of cabbage at the art exhibit, ready to be transformed into special artsy-fartsy kimchi, maybe? Korea is Kimchi Krazy!!

After I left the exhibit, everything was Andy Warholish for me! People were multicolored and multiple (like there was more than one of the same person... get it?), there were umbrellas hanging over everything, cabbage everywhere... I thought I was going crazy! It turns out I was saner than ever! I took what I thought was a normal picture or Mike, and look!! Totally Warholified!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>