Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

01 December, 2006

The Seoul of Science (redux)

Whoops, I accidentally deleted this old post, I guess. So I'm just re-putting it up. It's retro!

I know I've been updating with old stuff lately. I have nothing exciting to write about at this moment, but I'm trying to write more often, because I'm pretty sure that soon I'll get offered a book deal, and/or I'll be able to live off the income I make from the blog. So instead of just lying about how fabulous my life is right now, I'll tell you just how fabulous it was last month. Although, to be honest, I am unemployed right now, so I get to sit home, watch tv, and eat bonbons all day, so it IS pretty fabulous. But maybe not what you want to read about in a blog.
Last month, the same day we went to Bennigan's, we went to the Science Museum near Hyehwa. We were a bit hungover (okay, really just Johan was. I was going to say I was, for solidarity's sake, but I changed my mind), but the greasy Monte Cristo sopped all the alcohol leftovers right up, and we were good to go (how come nobody ever says "good to go" anymore??).
Coincidentally, we had Bennigan's again today for lunch, and I again ordered the Monte Cristo. It made me feel absolutely disgusting afterwards. It was way too heavy and fatty. Blah. I vowed never to eat it again. But now, the memory of leadenness is fading, and the leftovers are calling to me from the fridge...
ANYHOW. Back to the Science Museum. The first floor had all the interactive experiments to get kids interested in science. Johan and I tried most of them, but as the explanations were only in Korean, we didn't know what we were doing or what was supposed to happen most of the time.
Nuclear Fission, or just a funny mirror?? We may never know.

The other floors were filled with stuffed animals (like the taxidermied type, not the Care Bears type). Everything was kind of worn down, and looked like it hadn't been updated since 1976. But I still liked it. Johan was less enthusiastic, as I recall. There was also a part of the museum about the human body, and a really small part with stuff made out of those Lego Connex things, and like 3 terrariums with spiders. It was kind of eclectic, but nice for a hungover, rainy Sunday. Until Johan climbed into the fish display and tried to swim.

It didn't end well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>