Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

12 January, 2007

Cookie catastrophe

The other night, there was a knock on our door. It was nice Korean lady who gave us free milk! She just knocked, gave us a small carton of milk, and left. Johan got a lot of pleasure from the free milk.

I like free milk, too! Today at the grocery store, I bought a liter of milk, and I got 3 free small milks!

Banana, cappacino, and milk flavored! Totally gross, but they were free!
I also decided to make chocolate chip cookies today. I figured out how to use the oven function of our oven/microwave, found a recipe, and got down to business. I was quite excited, because the recipe called for milk, so I used the free milk! & that, my friends, was my downfall. Which was suprising, because I was pretty sure my downfall would be the white powder that I suspected was either baking soda or baking powder, but I couldn't be sure which. No, the milk was the culprit. Because you don't really need milk in cookies. The other recipes I looked at didn't call for milk. I've never made cookies with milk before. should have suspected something was up.

It turns out, I forgot to write down a key ingredient- 3 cups of oats! That's why it called for milk. It's pretty major, since oats should have made up like half the batter. So the cookies turned out not-so-fabulous. Plus, the edges were burnt, but the insides were rawish, giving me a clue as to why I've never heard of a oven/microwave before. I added some more ingredients to the second batch, but no dice. My cookies are a failure. I wasted the free milk. Could life get any worse??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>