Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

04 January, 2007

Seoul-la-lay-hee-hooooooooo!

The other day, Johan & I went to Yongsan and wandered into the red light district. It was strange. I didn't know what it was at first. There were these women, sitting in really small rooms with glass doors so you could see in, and there was just a chair and a watercooler in the room. We got there just as it was getting dark, so there weren't many ladies around, and no men that we saw. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a picture. Soon after, we saw a group of break dancers! It's one of my goals in life to learn to break! But alas, no picture there, either.
Here's what I did get a picture of:

It's in the bathroom at a department store. You push the button and it makes the sound of a toilet flushing! Without actually flushing the toilet! Because that's just good etiquette. These are fairly common in public bathrooms.

In other news, Johan & I finished moving everything to our new apartment yesterday. It's beeeeyootiful! I'm in love with it. & since we're talking toilets, here is our toilet-seat-of-the-future:

It sprays water on your bum or your... vaginal-urethral area (what's a cute word for your vaginal-urethral area??). Then it will gently blow warm puffs of air to dry you off. Which doesn't work very well. In any case, it is quite refreshing. AND there are still like eigh other mysterious buttons that I haven't dared to try yet!!! Who knows what they'll do?? Oh, one or two of them might be for heating up the toilet seat. Still 6 buttons left!!! I've been dreaming of a toilet seat like this since I moved to Korea, and now, finally, I've got everything I ever wanted (except a break dancing career, of course).
We still have to finish unpacking everything, of course. Last night, the only toothpaste I could find was a small tube of "fresh citrus breeze" flavor. First, orange-flavored toothpaste should be outlawed, and second, if you're going to defy the laws of nature and make the stuff, it definitely shouldn't taste like slightly-orange bubblegum, and third, putting glitter in it doesn't make it any more appetizing.

I should point out that this is American toothpaste, not Korean. For those people who think everything is so wild and wacky in Korea. It's not. They have normal mint toothpaste. It IS a civilized country, for goodness sakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>