Seoul Mates

We've got Seoul, yes we do! We've got Seoul- how 'bout you?! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

31 December, 2006

Sweet Potato Seoul

Okay, I haven't posted in awhile. First, it was because my camera battery died, and I forgot to bring my charger with me to Sweden. Ha! Then I just didn't feel like it. So there.
Today is the very last day of the year! So I should do like, one of those year in review things. Um, let's see, I moved to Korea, I read 90 books, and I actually quit a job by giving a truthful reason, instead of lying and saying I had a heart condition. Yay me! 2006 ruled!
Yesterday, Johan & I hung out on Love Avenue. It was very romantic, indeed. And that's all I have to say about that ("Forrest Gump" was on tv like once a day in Sweden, and we've both started to talk a bit more gumpy than usual. We just went to the store, and I was like, "Ruuuuuuun, Jo-han, RUUUUUNNN!" and Johan has taken to calling me Captain Dan. Which is weird. But speaking in southern accents is fairly amusing).

Before we went to Love Avenue, we ate this pizza that had mashed sweet potatoes instead of normal sauce. It was just crust, sweet potato, and cheese.

Koreans eat a lot of sweet potatoes. Especially with pizza (well, a relatively large amount. Since most Westerners eat no sweet potatoes with pizza. So eating any amount at all would be a large amount. Relatively.). Tonight I made black bean and sweet potato burritos. In Korea, they also have sweet potato sallad, and, as I wrote in an earlier post, roasted sweet potatoes. & this gross sweet potato candy we ate one time. In Japan we had sweet potato ice cream (See? I sound like that Bubba fellow. Way too much "Forrest Gump." I'm not even going to write about the borderline-mentally handicapped guy I seduced a few days ago... because my mom reads this blog, for gosh sakes!).

It looks as though I REALLY enjoyed the sweet potato ice cream. I don't remember it being so good I needed to devour it in like two bites, but pictures don't lie, do they? No they don't- Johan really is as goofy as he looks in the first picture. & I swear that was the best one of the three I took of him then!!

1 Comments:

At 04:36, Blogger koria said...

Ohhhh. That pizza. Oooooh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>